Worship's recruiting, join us!
We’re looking for a Senior Digital Project Manager to join our growing team.
Location: Northern Quarter, Manchester City Centre
Contract: Permanent, full-time
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9.00 – 17.30 (37.5 hours per week)
Holidays: 20 days plus Xmas shut down and public holidays
Salary: £32k – £42k pa (dependent on experience)
Benefits: Company phone & laptop
Reports to: Managing Director
We’re a small digital agency with ambitious growth plans, but you’ve heard that before haven’t you? Yeah, everyone says it, we know. But in our case it’s true. And this role sits at the heart of the agency we’ll be growing together.
We’re looking for someone who can show us their superstar qualities and be promoted accordingly. And for those real superstars that go above and beyond in helping with the agency’s growth and success, there’ll be the offer of share options of course.
There are several parts to this role.
The first is senior project management. This means taking all our projects from initiation through to launch. To do this successfully we think you’ll need a minimum of 5 years’ experience delivering a range of digital projects from ecommerce websites to Facebook applications.
You’ll also manage the 2 junior project managers helping them solve problems, write specs for smaller projects, improve their knowledge of the digital landscape and generally develop. You’ll approve all their output from a QA perspective and be ultimately responsible for the quality of the output of the agency as a whole. As well as managing the junior PMs, you’ll work closely with the development team manager (remote office) and the designers (in-house and freelance) to get projects delivered on time, on brief and on budget.
The third part of the role is responding to briefs from new or potential clients. This means you’ll need a good understanding of the digital landscape and you’ll need to be able to advise on best practice in user journey planning, usability, accessibility, creating websites and apps which achieve the client’s objectives, online marketing and branding, social media and achieving user-focused design which remains true to the client’s branding and objectives.
You’ll need knowledge of:
– User-focused website design
– User experience and user psychology
– Digital project planning
– Project management
– Team/studio management (although the MD will retain responsibility for all HR)
– Relationship building and account management
– Managing suppliers
– Open-source frameworks (within reason, we’re not looking for a developer)
– Technical limitations and constraints
– Search engine marketing
– Social media marketing
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate skills and experience in:
– Taking briefs and listening to what the client is looking to achieve
– Writing proposals with recommendations, our approach and an outline of the site/app’s proposed functionality with costs
– Information architecture planning and mapping
– Producing wireframes
– Facilitating and contributing to discussion around a project’s creative treatment
– Writing project specifications
– Producing realistic project timelines and then managing the project in accordance with that timescale
– Setting and controlling project budgets
– Managing change requests effectively
Just send your CV and covering letter through to nina(at)worshipdigital.co.uk to apply for the role. We’d love to talk to you about how Worship can help you realise your career goals in a friendly, supportive environment.
Recruitment agencies, you know what’s coming don’t you? We love you but we don’t need any help filling the role, thank you. If we do, you’ll be the first to know :-)